Friday, March 14, 2014

Weather Station WMR200


Weather station with winddirection, windspeed, temparture, humidity & solar panel


My new weatherstation from Oregon, WMR 200 is installed. The mounting of all gauges are easy and well explained within the manual.
No real issues experienced  when connecting with the base station. The only one time was connecting with the real time clock. This was solved after resetting the base system.

As I'm running the OS Windows 7 no software was delivered and for that I currently try out the Virtual Weather Station. This software is promoted by Oregon and for the WMR 200. I will evaluate this to see if it fits my need.

Some findings. The temparture and humitidy are comparable with the readings from my other station Oregon Bar928. The only difference I noticed is about the pressure. The WMR has higher levels (5hPa) then the readout of the Bar928. I still need to find out what this exactly causes. Difference in altitude and new batteries in the old station did not yet solved the problem.

So all in all I'm satisfied and will get on evaluating the software and learn more all aspects of the station.