Saturday, March 17, 2018

Failed Solargraph Analemma

Bad news! My Solargraph set up for capturing the annual Analemma onfurtunately failed. Last week, due to snow, my homemade shield came loose from the timemechanism. As a result, the capturing of the sun at the same moment was stopped and could not be calibrated any more.



What are the learnings :

1) my home made system seems to work, capturing the beginning of the analemma
2) positioning to the south could be better
3) somehow a piece of the tape came loose on came on the photopaper (white rectavle)
4) set up withstand the storm in January and heavy rainfall without getting wet
5) time module seems to be accurate enough the keep tracking the sun

Based on this learning, I need to figure out how the secure better the timemechanism with the shield. Even the fact I'm dissapointed, I will retry but with a slightly different set up.