Sunday, May 24, 2020

Preparation for Herschel 400

I did complete the PSA (Periodical System for the Amateur Astronomer) earlier this year and I hope to complete the Messier list this summer with only 3 objects to do. 
As I was looking for a next challenge I started to read a book I bought back in 2017 :  Stephen James O'Meara's Herschel 400 Observing Guide. 


My objective is not to get all 400 object done, at least not for now :) But I mad a selection of interesting object. So this is what I will be observing and making pictures :

* 24 Planetary Nebulae
* 38 Double Objects (Galaxies and/or Starcluster) - as within the view field of my TAL200K f/8.5
* 10 Interesting Object eg. Antennae Galaxy


I already have completed the observation of 70 Herschel 400-objects of which most are part of the Messier List and PSA list.