Saturday, December 18, 2021

Astronomical Highlights 2021

Again a strange year due to the wave 3 and wave 4 Covid-19 pandemic but still, I was able to got out and watched the sky. Some of my astronomical hightlights in 2021 and astronomical "wow" moments are listed below :

#1 Green flash at sunset @  Belgian coast (this picture was published in magazine Heelal)
#2 Noctilucent clouds (NLC) 
#3 My best picture so far of Jupiter
#4 Moon with Mercury in the evening sky
#5 Orion Nebula in OIII, H-alpha and RGB

Worth mentioning

#6 Mars near open cluster Messier M35 (this picture was published in magazine Heelal)
#7 Partial Sun eclipse with Astronomical club "Helios"
#8 Comet C/2021 A1 (Leonard) in the morning sky
#9 My first guiding session photographing the Veil Nebula using PHD2 and N.I.N.A  
#10 Sunspots with CaK filter using ASI224MC camera