Wednesday, September 13, 2017

International Dark Sky Parks

Startrail with meteor in Arches National Park - Balanced Rock


Last month I visited some International dark sky parks and in one word, it was fantastic. Now I understand why we call our galaxy the Milky Way and how much one light/lamp can influence an entire dark sky.
Some of the dark sky parks and communities I visited are :

* Death Valley National Park
* Grand Canyon both North and South Rim
* Walnut Canyon National Park
* Canyonsland Park
* Dark Sky Communities Flagstaff 
* Dark Sky Communities Kaibab

As these visits were part of my trip in the West of the US, I was looking for dark sky parks in Europe. Currently the International Dark Sky Association (IDA) approved places in the Netherlands, Hungary, Denmark, UK and one in Germany (Eifel National Park). I'm wondering of those have the same "dark skies".