Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Flame and Horsehead Nebula




On the evening of december 5th, I made some pictures of the flame nebula (NGC2024) and horsehead nebula (IC434). For the first time I used my new H-alpha filter 13nm narrowband. It was difficult to get the stars in focus but next time I will spend more time to get this fixed.Conditions : at start high humidity, later freezing -2.5°C and high clouds. So conditions were poor but still I'm proud of the final resuls. My best ever flame and horsehead nebula.

Setting : Nikon D7500 and TLAPO 80/480 f/6; H-alpha ISO6400 19x90s; lights ISO3200 10x60. Cameracontrol with DigiCamControl; stacking using DeepSkyStacker (seperate Ha and lights) and final stacking of the two results with CS4. DeNoise AI was used to remove the noise from the picture.