Friday, June 22, 2018

Solargraphs Dec'17-June'18

In December 2017 I installed four pinhole camera's for capturing the sun's orbit. The end result is a Solargraph.
This year I experimented to have some foregrounds projected with the Solargraph. It was a partial succes and this is my story  :

1) My House
Pinhole camera installad about 10m from my house; south oriented. Sun's orbit is well captured aswell as the shape of my house.



2) Langdorp Windmill
Pinhole camera installed 25m of windmill, East oriented. Seems the Solargraph was not fully captured. Also the windmill is hardly visible.






3) Zichem Maagdentoren
Pinholecamera installed with view on the Maagdentoren about 75m away and located in the South-East Direction. The camera was installed in a public area and only the last month it was heavenly damaged by people who want to rip it off. The Solargraph is fully visible aswell as the Tower. The reflections in below the solargraph are possible due to reflection in the water by the Demer River.



My fourth pinhole camera is still to be delivered as it was put on another location.
Conclusion : all my camera's (50Cl) can capture the entire sun's orbit. Putting a camera in a public area is still risky; it's not my first time I lost a camera or a camera got damaged. Getting a landscape as a foreground of the Solargraph is possible but need more exercise.