Saturday, July 15, 2023

Sol'Ex Project

I have a new challenge .... Sol'Ex project. Sol’Ex will allow me to observe the surface of the Sun in various spectral lines: Hydrogen, Helium, Sodium, Calcium and many other ones. Sol’Ex is a very compact astronomical Solar instrument, DIY construction, easy to install on your refracting telescope. So far I'm observing the sun in white lights, H-alpha and CaK line. Sol'ex will expand this to a next level with more spectral lines and more detail. And with detail I mean up to <0,05nm. 

It will be a new, fun, progressive project, and will be the gateway to the world of spectroscopy. The Sol'Ex project was kicked off a week ago with the support and help of my Helios collegues Walter and Johan. 

Yesterday, a test was done of the 3D printed material for infrared leaks. All tested material performed well with no infrared leaks. The test was done using ASI178MM with SharpCap4.

More information will follow but if interested see my usefull links  and look for Sol'Ex.