Sunday, January 28, 2024

Triple Stack of Baader Ca K Line filter on AR3559

I have two Ca K filters from Baader, both double stacked 8nm. Each double stacked filter has two filters in side the holder. As one of the filters was damaged, I opened it and removed the damaged one. The result is that I now have a single stacked and a double stacked Ca K filter have. We putting them together, I guess I made a triple stacked Ca K filter. The double stacked one is tilted. The filters were placed in the optical train as follow :  
ND3.8 solar film, Telescoop, double stacked Ca K, single stacked CaK, Camera ASI290MM.



In both cases, sunspot AR3559 was imaged using TAL200K f/8.5 with ASI290MM. The conditions were not good with some high clouds. 
As a conclusion at this time: no real difference between triple and double stacking; I would even say double stacking is better; but be aware condition were not favourable.

Setting : TAL200K f/8.5 with ASI290MM
Filters : ND3.8, Ca K 8nm Double and Single stacked filter
Software : SharpCap, AS4!, CS4, IMPPG, DeNoise AI
SSD Samsung.